HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:30:33 -0700
Re:
>         The product now is called the SureStore E Disk Array XP256
>         instead of the SureStore E Disk Array MC256.
>         In arguments before the judge, HP said it would cost $100 million
>         to change the name of the product....

100 *million*?  Are they aware of what "contempt of court" means? :)

Heck, they could *cancel* the "E Disk Array MC256" and simply
introduce the "E Disk Array XP256" for a lot less!

Wait..*I* know what happened...HP's been admiring Microsoft for
quite awhile now and they must have hired some of those
Microsoft trial lawyers who are working on the government monopoly case :)

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                         http://www.allegro.com/sieler/