HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:58:22 -0400
> Aside from the Kennedy funeral procession, the moon landing is also
> something that I will never forget.
> I put away a whole box of Fruit Loops watching the event.  My
mother,
> cynical as she was,  thought the whole thing was staged in
Hollywood.

There was actually a group of people who preached that all of the
moon landings were a complete hoax, and that it was staged somewhere
in Ari(d)zona or New Mexico because the "terrain looks more like
Arizona or New Mexico, than the moon".  When asked how they knew what
the moon looked like (to make the comparison) - no answer.  Asked
about the earth in the background ("My, what a beautiful earth
tonight" - says Bugs Bunny while duking it out with Marvin the
Martian") -- they say "Background Scenery".

There's a skeptic in every group, eh?

Joe (who still loves it when Bugs gives it to Marvin the Martian, or
Daffy Duck, or Elmer Fudd, etc. etc. etc.)