HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:17:07 +0200
At 08:55 AM 7/21/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone looked at/ported samba 2.0 to the MPE/ix server?

Yes, I was curious to give it a try. Did not spend too much time
and effort on it, just enough to get the build complete far enough
to have SMBD stay up and running and respond to a PC and smbclient
for the public share.

Anybody interested in joining "the club" and contribute?

I haven't checked, but maybe the GNU cvs repository on Jazz could
be used to share the current sources so multiple people could be
working on it, check out the latest sources, exchange diffs etc...

I'd also be curious how many people have a need for Samba 2.0.4b
on MPE/iX and for what reasons. Notice that I am asking for my own
curiosity here, but maybe CSY is also lurking ;-)

Lars.