HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:09:46 -0700
Hi Curt,

   :rename foo, foo.cm    (or foocm   or   foo0   or ...)
   :octcomp foo.cm, foo

> I have a really old program that I want to "oct" to create the pseudo native
> mode code.  But I can't remember how to do it and when I type in oct and the
> program name, it does not seem to work.

Remember, OCT merely creates a faster version of the program...no limits
are changed.  Also, there's always a non-0 probability that OCT will
introduce a bug.  (It's highly unlikely, but the result ought to be
tested.)

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                         http://www.allegro.com/sieler/