HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 08:41:28 -0400
Gilles Schipper <[log in to unmask]> responds:

>At 09:29 AM 1999-07-19 -0400, Doug Werth wrote:
>
>snip...
>>As it stands today, when you order a new HP 3000, you have to specify a
>>database option for your MPE license. You can order it with either:
>>
>>- option 810 Image and Allbase
>>- option 910 IMAGE/SQL only
>>- option 900 MPE/iX only.
>

>AFAIK, it is not possible to order an HP3000 system without at least
>TurboIMAGE.
>
>Option 900, MPE/iX only, does indeed include TurboIMAGE - but not
IMAGE/SQL.

That makes sense, and is what I was thinking too, but I just wanted to make
sure. Thanks for the confirmation. (I should have known that as well, having
installed many a system with no Subsys tape and all Image apps. still
functioned)

But, IIRC there was a time that HP wanted to call the entire DBMS
"IMAGE/SQL" If you assume this to be true then the ordering documentation is
ambiguous since you may think you are not getting a DBMS as all with option
900.

Thanks again!

Doug.

Doug Werth                                     Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                                       Cincinnati, Ohio

The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent the views or opinions
of Beechglen Development. They might, but not necessarily. They represent
solely the opinions of the author.