HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:43:48 -0400
Doug Werth wrote:

> Network printing goes through a hierarchy of places to look for the
> setup in the following order:

> 1) An ;ENV=filename parameter on the file equation
> 2) A setup_file parameter for this specific ldev in NPCONFIG
> 3) A setup_file parameter in the GLOBAL section of NPCONFIG

Note that (1) is performed *after* (2)-(3) in an additive fashion; the
environment file gets "appended" to the setup information.  With this
in mind, it explains why you can setup "banner_intray" and other device
options in NPCONFIG, but if you subsequently use a setup file it gets
wiped out (most setup files start with a 'reset' sequence to return
the printer to default settings).

> 4) If none of 1 through 3 are found it defaults to a hardcoded
>    configuration which I believe is Landscape/compressed.

The default is just like the old 2680 default - landscape, 132 columns,
66 lines/page, etc (lineprinter format).

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>