HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 2

From:
Bryan Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:07:10 -0500
BDY.TXT (39 lines)
Steve Miller wonders how to get e-mail from an HP3000 to MS Exchange:

I must now accomplish the same end result with Exchange.  Somehow, I
must
get a message created in some way on the HP to our exchange server for
ultimate routing to either an internal user or an internet address,
with no
human intervention.  Unfortunately, I'm not the network person, so I
did not
receive NT or Exchange training of any kind (I can barely spell NT).
Our
highly paid NT/Exchange consultant has no idea.  Our internet gateway is
actually on an exchange server at another subsidiary (connected via
frame
relay) and they have no idea.

First, my condolences on the selection of MS Exchange as your e-mail
system. (Ok so I'm showing my bias towards systems that work properly
and are aware that there are other systems out there that they must
interoperate with)

I believe you can setup a sendmail server and use a smtp to Exchange
gateway to pass messages to your Exchange server.

<PLUG>
Check out http://www.3k.com .  They have a variety of HP3000 e-mail
products.  I'm sure one of them will work for you.  In particular look
at NetMail/3000 and API/3000.  API/3000 will let you build e-mail
functionality directly into your programs.
</PLUG>

Now, about those highly paid Exchange consultants...

Bryan Greenberg
Interstate Brands Corporation
Kansas City MO