HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 2

From:
Paul Gobes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gobes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:43:49 -0700
Joe Geiser was responding to Jamie Dickson and mentions ...

>  <snip>
>
> ... a Qedit for Windows session does count against
>our user limit (for grins and giggles, we tried it - opened sessions up to
>the limit, then attempted to open a file with Qedit/Windows and it failed
>for this very reason).

I think it's important to point out that there are 2 different
user limits.

One you pay HP for  (HPUSERLIMIT) and one that the system manager
sets (HPSESLIMIT).

Qedit for Windows does follow the system managers wishes as it
counts each client session against the  HPSESLIMIT, but it does not
count against the HPUSERLIMIT.

I believe that Jamie Dickson was asking about the HPUSERLIMIT while
Joe was testing his HPSESLIMIT.

Here is my test on our crash & burn showing me running 30
copies of Qedit for Windows on a machine with a user license
of only 20.

 < snip  of long showjob ..>

#S61    EXEC        40  40       THU 10:29A  PAUL,MANAGER.SYS

31 JOBS (DISPLAYED):
    0 INTRO
    0 WAIT; INCL 0 DEFERRED
   31 EXEC; INCL 31 SESSIONS              {one logon and 30 Qedit client
sessions}
    0 SUSP
JOBFENCE= 5; JLIMIT= 3; SLIMIT= 60

Pluto:showvar hp@lim@
HPJOBLIMIT = 3
HPSESLIMIT = 60
HPUSERLIMIT = 20

/paul

Paul Gobes, Tech Support Mgr
Robelle Consulting Ltd.
ph: (888) ROBELLE    fax: (604) 582-1799
http://www.robelle.com