HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 2

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:16:53 +0000
THAT I can understand, copper is copper and crimping it down to whatever contact on an RJ-45 is not a problem, I've been doing that for years.  I think of 10BaseT as a protocol, not a cable type.

So back to my original thought, how does he get serial RS-232 to talk 10BaseT protocol?  Or is this not the question?  The only valid recipient for RS-232 protocol at one end is RS-232 at the other.

If the reference is only to cable, no problem, a no-brainer, I've used bent paper clips on some interfaces.

So, is 10BaseT a protocol or a cable?