HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 2

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:23:05 -0400
DTC uploads were all reason=1808 (whatever that is), HPRC says this is
usually caused by flakey modem connections such as a cable plugged into
a modem port but nothing on the other end (explains a few of ours) or
connected to a PBX or dataswitch (explains the rest of ours) and the
control signals going flaky.

At any rate, we really didn't need most of the modem ports anyway, so
the immediate fix was to unplug the modem lines.  24 hours later, no
uploads yet (except one that I'd forgotten to unplug yet).

HPRC also suggested setting modem behavior to "DCE high" but I didn't
bother trying that.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>