HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 2

From:
John Krussel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:24:08 -0600
If you are not putting the drive in the main CPU box, or in the same
enclosure of other drives, you can save yourself the reboot of the machine.
Once you have the SCSI cable attached to a SCSI card on the back of the CPU
and have it configured in SYSGEN you can type "DOIONOW" and your new drive
will be added without the reboot. You will still have to go into volutil and
add it to a volume, but it should save you a lot of time and can be done
with a people logged on. (I've done it a lot and it works fine).

John Krussel
Systems Manager
Nordstrom Direct
http://www.nordstrom.com