HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 2

From:
Bob Comeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Comeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:22:56 -0300
My first hardware job as system manager here will be adding
a new disk to our 937 system.

It is a new 4GB drive who's model number is not in IODFAULT,
but it's predecessor is and the response centre has advised me
that it should be okay to use it.

From what I have read thus far it seems should be a fairly simple
affair, but since all my hardware experience has been on the classic
machines and the manuals are less than clear I find myself doubting
that I haven't missed something.  HP will be doing the physical
installation.

Could someone be so kind as to list the required/suggested steps in
adding a new drive to the system volume set?  It will be the fourth disk
in the system, and we are not using any private volumes.

TIA

Bob Comeau