HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 2

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 20:03:38 -0700
Terry Prime writes:

> MPE 5.5 powerpatch 6
>
> We use mail in our batch jobs to mail our DBAs that an important batch
> job has succeeded/completed.  Our users say that since last Thursday it
> has failed with :-
>
> 501 <italic><<jobname></italic>... Sender domain must exist..
>

> I do not know how or why this has started to fail as nothing has been
> changed on the system by me.  Can anyone enlighted me as to what this is
> and how to fix it.

The system you're sending your e-mail *to* has upgraded their Sendmail to the
version which supports various anti-spam features, including verifying that
the sender domain of all incoming messages must be resolvable via DNS.

If the message you quote is the exact error and not some symbolically
cleaned version, then I think you're generating some corrupt message headers....
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/