HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 1

From:
john edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
john edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 15:19:42 -0700
It's been a while since this happened and the company has since gone
bankrupt so I guess it will be OK to relate this....but no names.

I know a HP site that inherited a large number of 2645 terminals. These
were upgarded, but there was little chance of trading in the old boat
anchors, so they were stacked in a storage room.

After one exceptional tropical downpour part of the office was flooded.
A good two feet of flood water in some places. The accountant, who was
always on the lookout for an oportunity, had the old 2645 terminals
removed from the nice dry storage room and placed in the flood water.
Instant insurance claim!

A week later the claim was processed and someone asked to inspect the
flood damaged terminals. After a day in the flood water and with no
cleaning or drying, they all worked. End of claim...back to storage.

Regards
Anon