HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 5

From:
Michel Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michel Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:35:40 GMT
From my own knowledge:

The connection to the DBE opens the DBE only. A TurboImage db is opened when
the first query involving one of its dataset is invoked. Then, the database
stays opened until the user disconnect from the DBE. I don't think users
connected at the same time to a DBE can share a connection to TurboImage. I
would rather think, on the reverse, that a user may use multiple connections
to the same TurboImage db thru the same connection to the DBE, because of
different cursors opened (at the same time) on the same dataset.
In your case, if the user connects to the DBE, queries TurboImage and the
disconnect from the DBE, I'd say yes: this implies a pair of DBOPEN/DBCLOSE
each time!

Michel Gauthier