HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:49:58 -0700
Re:

> We believe that there is still real value in this pricing.  If the
> customer is
> moving up to around 512 users from 384 users (adding 128 users), this
> would be
> only a price of $441 per seat.  If the customer is moving up to 1024

Wow...that would buy a 333 MHz Linux machine for each user :)

Now, if I could only get the reliability of MPE and IMAGE.

Dave...be careful, the "HP Way" isn't to say "they overcharge their
customers, so we've raised our prices".  Note that my sentence doesn't
imply that you shouldn't have raised your prices, nor that you raised
them too high ... just that you based your reasoning on a faulty,
non-HP-Way premise.

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                         http://www.allegro.com/sieler/