HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Ron Sommer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Sommer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:58:50 EDT
I am having difficulty getting a document to print on an HP5si with the
Duplex option(print both sides of a page) to work correctly.

I am attempting to print landscape compressed on one side and then 'flip'
the document and print address information using reverse portrait command.
All processing is done via a COBOL program on an HP-3000, with output being
sent to a network printer that is defined to the HP-3000 as device 907.

The 1st document that print works fine, but all subsequent documents are
printed in what appears to be double spaced (throws off my line counting)
which then overruns the page, and prints part of the document on the
backside and the address on a separate piece of paper.

I have spent a few days trying to do this and have not recieved much help
when I called the hp support line, other than they told me that the commands
must be in the same heirarchial sequence as they are displayed in the
provided literature.

I'm issueing a DUPLEX L command followed by LANDSCAPE, COMPRESSED to print
the front side.  To do the adress, I issues a NEXT SIDE, REVERSE PORTRAIT,
and then finally eject the page when complete.

Anyone have any suggestions on what may be causing my problem?