HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:07:22 -0700
David Rutherford asks wrt DLT7000 (and no, I didn't ask him to do this):

>Can anybody share their experiences - good or bad. I am particularly
>interested in how much time was actually saved  vs  the advertised savings.

<Plug Alert>

Coincidently, I just finished a performance test of DLT7000s at HP and will
be publishing the results on our web page at http://www.orbitsw.com in the
near future. In summary, I saw performance in that configuration from the
low side of 18 Gigabytes per hour to 56 Gigabytes per hour at the high
end. The averages were in the upper 30s to low 40s when using a mixture
of software and hardware compression over more typical configurations.

Needless to say ... I was suitably impressed!

<End Plug Alert>