HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:03:37 -0400
Jason Quigley writes,

> They already get paid quite a substantial percentage of the
> contractors
> fees for doing very little (I have heard of some first time
> contractors
> being stripped of over 50% of the fees). Now they want to get the same
> sort of percentages for sending an email to this list?

The sort of "accepted" standard netiquette is to put a short note on the
list regarding product plugs and/or job openings (which would include
contractors), and a URL if applicable - or at least a phone number.

I just had an email exchange with one vendor who put a plug up for three
days in a row.  I think that will stop - and I do believe it was a case of
not knowing our netiquette.  They know it now and asked for assistance,
which was given.

As for this type of thing - again, one post - short, sweet, to the point,
and a reference (URL, phone number, address, etc.).

We saw this post once - and if people aren't interested, they can delete the
message.  If the post shows up again, they too, will be informed of our
netiquette.

Best Regards,
Joe Geiser

Joe Geiser, President and Managing Partner
CSI Business Solutions, LLC
Phone: +1(215) 945.8100   Fax: +1(215) 943.8408
Toll Free (US/Canada): (877) 945.8100