HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Evan Vaala <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Evan Vaala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:35:57 -0500
Ternek Josef wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> we are working with PowerBuilder 6.0 and MPE/IX 6.0 (and also MPE/IX
> 5.5) using
> the ODBCLink/SE-Driver. On the workstations we use WindowsNT 4.0 and
> Windows 98.
> I would like to find out, if we are the only company on the world who is
> working with
> this constellation.
> We have many big  troubles. We believe this problems comes from the
> ODBCLink/SE-Driver,

I don't know if this will help your situation, but try setting the
following variable in your transaction object:

sqlca.dbparm="DisableBind=1"

There may be a slight performance degradation from doing this.  This
will send raw sql statements to the server for each transaction instead
having one precompiled statement and then passing only the bind
variables to the server to be used in this precompiled statement.

Like I said, I don't know if this will help or not, but it changes how
the request data is passed to your database.  This just might help make
it slip past the fault.

Good Luck!

Evan Vaala