HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:54:25 -0700
Simonsen, Larry writes:

> I'm told by our Unix system admin that there is in SunOS a file
> /etc/nsswitch.conf which configures the order for name lookups.  I can not
> seem to find this file on my MPE/ix 6.0 system.  Does it go by a different
> name?

IIRC, the BIND/iX equivalent is /etc/irs.conf.  I believe the syntax and
functionality is the same as nsswitch.conf.

Note that programs *MUST* be using the resolver routines in BIND/iX libbind.a
to be aware of irs.conf.  And right now on 6.0, I believe that only programs
within the BIND account are using these routines.  So pre-BIND things like
FTP.ARPA.SYS will NOT be aware of irs.conf.
--
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/