HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Fred Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fred Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 17:42:32 +0200
Hi Wendell,
Yes, you must use the Subsys tape that came with PP3 and you can load that
Subsys at the same time you do PP6. I tested this both ways for PP6,
AUTOINST and Patch/iX, and both worked well. Use Patch/iX to reduce your
down-time. Phase 1 can run while your users are working and you can phone
the RC with questions on what disqualified patches you can force.
Do NOT run Phase 1 on the console!
Do Phase 2 only after a full back as recommended in the SW Maint manual.

Careful: During Phase 2 follow the instructions on your console and not in
the book. The book has missed the SUBSYS restore step.
Happy Upgrade
Fred

Fred Metcalf
Neil Harvey & Associates
HP 3000 Select Solution Reseller
Boundary Terraces, 1 Mariendahl Lane, Newlands, Cape Town
Phone:  +27-21-670-9200            Fax:  +27-21-670-9300