HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:05:26 -0700
Michael Berkowitz wrote:

> We're having a problem with putting large files from the 3000 to our other
> machines.  FTP is running abysmally slow.
>
> Any answers?

mike -- i've run into the same/similar problem but no, i don't have any
answers....

i'm trying to send files from my 3000 to an nt *across* the internet and
having a dreadful time getting it to work.  i opened a call to hp about this.
their first suggestion -- which was helpful -- was to get the nt box up onto
service pack 4.  but the transfer rates are (still) dreadful.  (i think we're
actually putting the files onto tape and sending the tape to the remote
site!)  imo, hp became less helpful :-(  they're suggestion was to bringing hp
in on a consulting basis to examine and *possibly* adjust our network
configurations.  *possibly* doesn't sit real well with me...but what's even
more bothersome is that at some point hp had already been out to configure our
network settings.

obviously, it's frustrating.  i've got a 995/300 that transfers slower than a
pc :-(            - d (note my sig!)

--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer