HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
"Gibbons, Greg" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbons, Greg
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:47:32 -0700
Yep, I agree.  In our two tier aps using VB and the HP3000 we use Disc's
OmniAccess API which allows us to do just about anything on the 3k from the
client.

All of the Tier 3 Web Ap Servers I have looked at to date can begin using
ODBC/JDBC drivers "out of the box".  And...most also seem to be able to
incorporate an API (OmniAccess, AIM, etc) with *some work* :)

There are definate advantages to the API approach in my mind.

Greg