HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:51:35 +0200
Dave wrote...

> If I remember, the 'CD BURNER' comes with software for the PC to format
> and write. I don't believe this would work from the HP3000.
>
> You could still get the files to the PC and you could map to the CD ROM,
> but I think there's a problem writing them.

Yes, sounds reasonable. Would probably be better to use the 3000 in server
role, mount MPE/iX directories as PC network drive letters and then have
the PC software write the desired files to the CD. No idea if the CD writer
also has special requirements regarding the disk I/O performance to keep
in something like "streaming mode"...

Lars.