HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
"Whittall, Conrad" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Whittall, Conrad
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:02:21 -0400
Glenn Cole wrote:

> I may gripe about the huge (7 MB) almost-all-white .bmp image that is
> part of this download...

We are aware of the excessive size of the download, due in part to the
large bitmap that Glenn mentions. I am working with our documentation and
install teams to see if we can get a smaller image (or non at all) for
the downloadable version of the PowerHouse Books install. Meanwhile, I
thought that having something available was better than having nothing.

Thanks also for the comments. There have been quite a few changes around
here recently, and a renewing of our long-standing relationship with HP,
together with a recommitment to the application development tools
market on the HP3000 (and others) is just part of the changes.

I hope that you'll be seeing quite a lot more visible evidence of this
over the coming weeks and months.

Best regards,
Conrad

Conrad Whittall
Marketing Manager, Application Development Tools
Cognos Incorporated, 3755 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1G 4K9,
Canada

Tel : + 1 (613) 738-1338 Ext.4804
Fax : + 1 (613) 228-3149

E-mail : mailto:[log in to unmask]

For information on the Cognos PowerHouse family of high-productivity
development tools for mission-critical business applications visit our
web site at http://www.cognos.com/powerhouse