HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 06:24:20 -0400
Shane,

This is weird.  If Unispool follows the RFCs, it shouldn't care what NMMGR
has in it's host field.

OTOH - if the 3000 is in DNS, it makes life easier to have the DNS host name
in the NMMGR host name, but there is no relation when it comes to DNS
lookups.  Any client looking for the 3000 as one domain, will resolve it to
an IP address via DNS (if so configured to look at DNS) - regardless what is
in the NMMGR host field.

You might look at the hosts file on the client, and see if the hostname in
it, does not match DNS.  Hosts usually takes prescidence over DNS if
present.

Good Luck,
Joe Geiser

Joe Geiser, President and Senior Partner
CSI Business Solutions, LLC
Phone: +1(215) 945.8100   Fax: +1(215) 943.8408
Toll Free (US/Canada): (877) 945.8100