HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
Allen Cintron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Cintron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:40:00 -0700
>>Bill lancaster wrote:
>>For real-time, BridgeWare (a joint project from Taurus and
>>Quest) can capture add/change/delete operations and transport them to many
>>different DBMS's (including like or unlike Image databases).

Bill,
Thank you for the plug.  I hope you don't mind if I add a clarification.
Although BridgeWare is very powerful for like-platform and cross-platform
real-time replication, the technology that allows BridgeWare to recognize
changes to data on the HP3000 (Image, Ksam, MPE or flat files), also makes
it equally powerful when batch updates are required.  BridgeWare's change
recognition can be used to avoid having to run periodic extracts against the
entire database to identify changes for export to the target database.
The changes can be queued and exported at whatever batch intervals you
require, eliminating the need to run extracts during your batch window.

Thanks again,

Allen Cintron
Quest Software
"Expect a Solution"
949-718-2454 direct
E-Mail [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>