HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:21:28 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
Well, I receive about 300 messages per day.  About 10 of those have
attachments, 5 messages are from Joe with the text as attachment (I have to
double-click on the attachment to open it in Notepad) and about 5 others
from various people, with either winmail.dat or other junk.

It seems that I may be the only one getting Joe's messages as attachment
though, as several people e-mailed me privately that they do not experience
what I am seeing.  One even suggested that my client might be
misconfigured, which is a neat trick, as Joe's are virtually the one
messages coming in that format.

My e-mail client is Outlook 97 (version 8.04.5619), which I have been using
for about 2.5 years now.  Joe's messages started coming in as attachments
about 6-8 months ago when he started using Outlook 2000.  At that time
several other people's messages started doing the same, but now only a few
come this way.  Perhaps these people upgraded to a newer version of Outlook
2000.

But, if I am the only one seeing this, I wouldn't worry about it.  I am
certainly not worth the trouble of chasing this down.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
denys at hicomp.com                             www.hicomp.com