HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:29:41 -0700
No doubt POSIX is there, they just don't realize it.  check in @.HPBIN.SYS
and run SH.HPBIN.SYS

Jocelyn GIBART <[log in to unmask]> on 06/08/99 09:03:56 AM

Please respond to Jocelyn GIBART <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:    (bcc: Shawn Gordon/IS/FHM/FHS)
Subject:  developments for environment without posix

Hi everybody,

I'm currently porting a C language unix product on MPEiX.
I'm using gcc in a posix environment for my developments, but I'd like
to know if my product will run on the target platform, which is
according
to my client's description a 'bare MPE 5.5 XL' with no posix installed.

I don't know yet if I'll be using RLs or XLs for the C runtime, but does

it matter really ?

Is it possible just to install the posix C runtime library and it's
gonna run
OK or is it mode complicated ( IE having also to modify the SYS/PUB/XL
library, which I would of course hate to do in a production environment
)

Or in a bare MPE/XL environment do I HAVE TO use the XLC compiler
and use only what's defined in its bundled C library ?