HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:09:38 -0800
Gary Nolan writes:

>>> Gary Nolan <[log in to unmask]> 06/10/99 11:28am >>>
Hi folks,

I know that Vplus scrollabel Picklist has been mentioned in the past and I
thought we were going to see it in release 6.0 then I thought it was
cancled. But according to the education web page.

Course # H3072s
New Features and Functions of MPE/iX 5.5 and 6.0

Module 8 - new programming development tools
--- Vpls Scrollable Picklist

So do we have it or not ?????

Gary Nolan
Sydney Steel Corporation

Thank heavens tomorrow is friday.
Despite the education announcement, HP has postponed doing anything
about scrollable picklists.  However...

< plug >

Infowin/iX from Reliant Business Systems has been available for 2 years
and is head and shoulders above HP's proposal for scrollable picklists.  It
works with VPLUS and character mode, terminals and terminal
emulators, direct connect or VT.   It includes a data engine to get data
from your databases and files at the time the window is put up, and
changes can be made to the format of the window while the program
that uses it is running with no recompile.  Also included are radio buttons,
printing capability, input prompt windows and many other features.  Call
(323) 846-9824 for a demo copy and more information.

< /plug>

Mike Berkowitz
Infowin co-developer