HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 1

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:11:43 -0400
Frank Letts wrote,

> I set up a poor little 3000/928 as a web server using
> Open Market several years ago, and it was a breeze.
> Also put the mail 3000 pop servers etc (from 3k) on the
> 3k, and off loaded these functions from the firewall.

I'll go along with NetMail any day of the week, however, OpenMarket is no
longer supported on the 3000.  The supported server will be Apache (free for
the downloading from Jazz - an early release from HP), with the official
release coming soon, as well as official support.

By the way, Apache has been out for MPE since Mark Bixby ported it
originally.  We use it here on one of our 3000s, and it works like a charm -
and beats OpenMarket's performance ;)

Regards,
Joe Geiser

Chair, SIGWeb