HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 1

From:
"Skelton, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Skelton, John
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 16:36:29 -0700
Hi Colin,

I have installed the Apache web server from Jazz on to a 918 and was
pleasantly surprised with the performance. Installation wasn't particularly
hard though kind of fiddly, with most of the problems coming from getting
the GNU compiler and Library's working properly. However that was then
(about 6 - 9 months ago) and now I am trying to duplicate the feat with the
files from the CSL tape and am having all kinds of problems, once again
coming from the GNU side. For some reason the GNU install scripts are
failing to find the tar file in ZIP format, in fact I'm going home tonight
and starting all over with downloads from Jazz again. If you want any more
info e-mail me.

John "Danger" Skelton

PS. The combination of Apache and Samba works very well, you can use the
tools on your NT box for web development while running the server on the
3000, way cool dude.