HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 1

From:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:37:54 -0400
At 6/1/99 08:45 AM , Phil Hutchinson wrote:
<snip>
>In either case, I'd bet that the printer (and cartridge) is getting
>some current date info. from the computer and the logic in the printer
>decides that you've had those cartridges in your printer long enough.
<snip>

I sure hope not, and I hope there isn't that kind of logic in the 1120.  I
use it for several large projects (11x17 format) about one month out of the
year, with it sitting idle in storage for months at a time inbetween.
Unfortunately, it always seems that the ink cartridges run out with the
last project about 98% complete, so the printer gets put away with new,
almost full cartridges (well, not put away with the cartridges in the
printer, but with the cartridges stored in sealed plastic containters
[Tupperware? Rubbermaid?] with the printer).

If the currently almost full ink cartridges (which were opened and first
used about 10 months now) were to "time out" I'd be VERY upset.  It has
been my experience that the cartridges seem to store well, and don't dry up
when stored.  They are a world better than the old ThinkJet cartridges,
which DID dry up when stored, but which could be brought back to life by
running a damp tissue across the print head.

So far I haven't had any problems with the 1120 cartridges not working or
working poorly after storage, so for them to be taken out of service due to
the passing of some date would be criminal.

John
John Korb                            email: [log in to unmask]
Innovative Software Solutions, Inc.

The thoughts, comments, and opinions expressed herein are mine
and do not reflect those of my employer(s), or anyone else.