HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 1

From:
Bob Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:49:57 PST8PDT
[log in to unmask] says:
> Subject:       Re: interruption problem printing to HP LJ 8100N via network
>
> > we are using network printers without problems for a long time. But printing
> > to our new HP Laserjet 8100 N
> > causes the following error message and there is a break about 100 seconds
> > between printing two spoolfiles.
> > A typical break between printing two spoolfiles is 6 seconds.
> >
> > 7:47/321/Output spooler, LDEV #84:  The device has reported a power failure
> > or other interruption while outputting SPOOLID #O90.  The spooler will
> > attempt
> > recovery.
> > Native Mode Spooler message 9022
> >
> > Has anyone some ideas ?

Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]> adds:

> This is yet another symptom of the MPE spooler being not up-to-date with the
> PJL HP's own printers support. We've had an open HPRC call on this problem
> since 10/98, which they just finally closed on us after dozens of traces and
> other diagnostics. No fix; the workaround is to turn off PJL support on the
> printer (in npconfig.pub.sys) and lose all ability to do page-level-recovery.
>
> Feel free to call HPRC and add your name to the SR# 5003-464131.
>
> In the meantime, add:
> pjl_supported = FALSE
> to the NPCONFIG.PUB.SYS entry for your printer.
>             -Chris Bartram

Adding my voice. I've been on this trip as well.

HPRC did not tell me of the SR, but did say this is a known problem
and they recommended ALL LaserJets use  pjl_supported = FALSE,
and that this would be addressed in PP7 in late May(hey, it's June
now).
Bob.

--=--=--
Bob Walker, Computer Centre  --  [log in to unmask]
Capilano College, North Vancouver, BC, CANADA.
------