HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 1

From:
John MacLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John MacLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:20:39 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to download fonts and PCL macros to a flash
DIMM on an HP LaserJet 8100 dn. I've got it set up and can print to it
ok, I can even download fonts and PCL macros using HP's resource manager
program, but the default download destination is the RAM disc in user
RAM (which gets wiped out when the printer gets power-cycled). I can't
figure out how to store the fonts and other downloaded stuff on the
flash DIMM. I've read the manuals, searched HP's site, and downloaded
the latest version of the Resource Manager program -- no luck.

Any ideas?
  John MacLerran
  IT Systems Analyst                       email:   [log in to unmask]
  Idaho State University                             V(208) 236-2954
  http://www.isu.edu/~macljohn                       F(208) 236-3673