HP3000-L Archives

June 1999, Week 1

From:
Mark Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:26:13 -0700
>I have downloaded Apache for the HP3000 from JAZZ and upload to the Series
>959/200. What I now need is to find is a copy of GUNZIP. As I don't know
>much about POSIX could somebody please let me know how I can "unzipped" the
>ap_133.tar.gz file so I can start using Apache.

A binary port to MPE is part of the GNU binary distribution on Jazz. Follow
the links from http://jazz.external.hp.com and download the GNUCORE stuff.

The source code did not need any changes to port to MPE, but the configure
script did need some tweaking. You can either do this by hand by referencing
Mark Bixby's porting notes (also find links on Jazz to Mark's papers), or
by using my version of autoconf (also found on Jazz as part of the GNUCORE
distribution).