HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 3

From:
Fred Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fred Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 12:32:32 +0200
David,

Could this be the SureStore E Disk Array MC256? I have a draft of a customer
letter that states:

"On May 5, 1999, HP introduced a new high-end disk storage device, the HP
SureStore E Disk Array MC256.  It is a robust and inherently highly
available storage device and, as such, will play a key role in HP's UNIX
High Availability Program."

The document only mentions Unix and says this about EMC:

"Now, with the introduction of the new storage product, you may have
questions regarding the investments you have made in EMC Symmetrix disk
arrays.  Please rest assured that HP will continue to support EMC technology
within its HA offerings.  This means investment protection and choice for
you. HP will continue to resell EMC Symmetrix disk arrays and provide
single-point-of-contact support for your EMC Symmetrix  disk arrays
connected to HP 9000 Enterprise Servers.
EMC's involvement in the High Availability Program will not change.  HP will
continue to offer  EMC Symmetrix support in its MC/ServiceGuard and
MetroCluster configurations and the upcoming ContinentalClusters.   EMC
remains a partner in our 5nines:5minutes program, and HP will continue to
offer a 99.95% uptime commitment for an MCSS solution that includes EMC
Symmetrix Disk Arrays  "

I want to believe that "9000" does not exclude 3000's.

I can mail the document to anyone who asks.

Regards
Fred Metcalf
Neil Harvey & Associates
HP 3000 Select Solution Reseller
PO Box 12160, Mill Street, 8010, South Africa
Boundary Terraces, 1 Mariendahl Lane, Newlands, Cape Town