HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 3

From:
David Rutherford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 10:23:09 +0100
Eric Sand pointed out the following HP news story...

http://technews.netscape.com/computing/technews/newsitem/0,290,36645,00.html
?pt.netscape.fd.hl.ne
<http://technews.netscape.com/computing/technews/newsitem/0,290,36645,00.htm
l?pt.netscape.fd.hl.ne>

In a long interesting article, I found the following sentence...

                There will be a transitional period in high-end data storage
because of HP's deal earlier this month to resell Hitachi Data Systems
<http://www.hds.com/>  storage systems under the HP label in favor of the
earlier arrangement of reselling EMC <http://www.emc.com/>  systems, the
company said. EMC has "access to our large accounts, and they could
conceivably go in there," one executive said. But in the longer term, HP is
pleased with the Hitachi deal.

What does this mean in terms of support with new versions of MPE in the
future, if you have EMC disks?

Regards,

David
(+44 171 658 5452)

                Confidentiality Notice

This message may contain privileged and confidential information. If you think, for any reason, that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it, and we would ask you to notify us immediately by return email to "[log in to unmask]".