HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 3

From:
Steve Zink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 02:19:05 EDT
Hi Dennis,

I am a friend of Stan Sieler and his tool hourglass should help you set the
system
date on your test box to do your y2k testing. But in addition to that you
need to
"age" your data so that you can certify that
1. Your application works the same as it does today after applying y2k fixes.
2. Your application works in the future correctly when fixes are applied
whereas
it fails in the year 2000 when current production code is running without the
y2k fixes.

In order to age data properly, I have developed a set of tools called RAT/3000
for Regression Analysis Tools. You can download a trial full version for 30
days and if
it meets your needs, you can let me know your intention to buy it ($3000 for
the first
cpu, and $300 for each additional cpu).

The web page contains the downloadable code, manual and useful testing
information
to do y2k compliance testing. It also provides a way of capturing vplus
scripts and
playing them back and a way of aging the data on the scripts, databases and
files.

The web page is:

www.beyondy2k.org

Let me know if you have any questions.