HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 3

From:
Hans-Ole Kaae <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:45:10 +0200
Wesley,

Several good methods have been pointed out.

If you happen to have ORBiT's BACKUP/3000 (BACKUP+/iX) on your boxes, there's another way, maybe a
little more secure.

We do a:  >STORE <rootfile.group.account>;<diskfilename>;DBSTORE;SHOW;COMPRESS=3 etc...

This produces always two PRIV-diskfiles which are very well compressed, I believe.

Now it's easy to :DSCOPY these two single files to the other unit and then do a BACKUP+/iX restore
like:

>RESTORE <diskfilename>;<rootfile.GROUP.ACCOUNT>;DBRESTORE;SHOW etc...

Using this method, you will either have the whole based stored/restored in good condition or no
files at all, due to the ;DBSTORE and ;DBRESTORE options. Furthermore BACKUP/3000 won't do the trick
if you misspell something etc. - that's another benefit.

This works fine for us, even over a satellite-link...

With kind regards,

/Hans

Hans-Ole Kaae                       Vox: (+45) 87 34 55 07
IT-Consultant                       Fax: (+45) 87 34 55 66
ScanConsult·IT-Partners ApS         Mob: (+45) 40 42 55 07
Udviklingsparken Aarhus             E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Soenderhoej 14
DK-8260  Viby J.
Denmark                             Web: http://www.scanconsult.dk