HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 3

From:
"Newman, Kevin:" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Newman, Kevin:
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 17:06:52 -0400
We have many printers at this site, and occasionally one will go nuts
and forget all of the configuration information.  I was wanting to setup
bootp to solve the problem by setting up all of the info that HP needs
in order to print, but we also configure our printers for use with
Novell.  My question is:  what is the bootfile that can be referenced
via bootp, and what can I put into this file and in what format in order
to configure the printer?  Can I put IPX information in there?  How do I
create the file?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Kevin Newman
Business Systems Consultant