HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 15:03:27 -0700
Kevin asks:
> As I was wandering around on HP's
> Year2000 site I stumbled upon a page that listed the 949 as not being
> compliant.
>
> So what is the real scoop?  I was under the impression that anything with
> the PA-RISC architecture was OK.

I believe this is true.

> Is HP just saying it is not compliant since they no longer support it?

If we're talking about the same web page
(http://www.hp.com/year2000/products/mpeix.html#toppage)
the 949 is *NOT* listed as "non-compliant".  It is, rather, listed
as "will not be tested for compliance" ... which is rather different!

It's not because they no longer support it ... although that's the
official answer.  It's because the HP Way died some years ago.  Otherwise,
they'd test it and put their users minds to rest...that would be
the HP Way.

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html