HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 13:41:38 -0700
Hi Efren and Others :)

    Here is a slightly modified version of what I sent to Efren earlier
today.... it might work  but then so does everything posted so far :)... Note...
there is a major chip builder in this neck of the woods that uses this type of
scheme... I know... I programmed it for them :) but that was a long time ago...

Art "hmmm... never thot about exponentials...." Bahrs

An Idea :)
    1.  Remove all employees who have missed 161+ hours from the total number of
employees eligble for a bonus.

    2. Divide the total dollars available for bonuses by the number of employees
who are eligble for a bonus.  Call this number the maximum potential bonus.

    2.a. Check that the maximum potential bonus is not greater than what the
management wants for a maximum bonus payout.

    2.b. Check that the maximum potential bonus is not less than the amount that
managements wants for the minimum bonus payout.

    NOTE: if any of the checks in Step 2 fail you must go see managment!  (This
could be a fate worse than death! hehehe)

    3. Now subtract from the Maximum Potential Bonus the number of hours that an
employee missed.  This encourages the employee not to miss any work because they
lower their bonus with every hour they miss.

    4. You now have the bonus for a given employee.... repeat Step 3 for each
employee.

Note, that this plan is based on the concept of the point of the bonus is to
encourage the employee to not miss any hours.

You could either increase or decrease the factor of the penalty for each hour
that an employee misses.  This would of course affect the amount of the bonus
but not the maximum potential bonus.

Note also, that the management team should set a max bonus... you could then
ensure that the maximum potential bonus could not exceed that bonus.