HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 11:17:57 -0700
Richard's post is interesting (and timely) because I just met our new HP
sales rep, yesterday, and his explanation for this phenomenon was very
similar to  Richard's.  He described the delay in rollout of new
technologies to the 3K as a function of MPE's efficiency -- that the care
and feeding of Unix and the resources it typically gobbles in comparison to
MPE require much more attention to that platform (patches, upgrades, etc.)
as newer technologies are rolled for it -- and, I'm sure the size of the
HP-UX installed base comes into play.  I agree with Richard that PR for the
3K suffers as a result, but at least one HP sales person is apparently
willing to make the effort to pitch it.

One down, ??? to go.     :-)

Lee Gunter
Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon / Regence HMO Oregon
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone.