HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 11:50:07 -0500
Dear HP3000-L,

I have been attempting to try and keep up with the list on a regular basis,
but I have been incredibly busy.  I mention this in case the information I
have has already been published.

Compatibility mode KSAM is ready for Y2K.  The HP Response Center has
acknowledged that the information in the Y2K section of their web page that
refers to CM KSAM is wrong.  The team that updates the web page is a little
behind in updating the information.

I called the HPRC about this when someone's earlier message stated their
application vendor might not support their application if the files were
converted to NM KSAM.  This concerned me because several of my clients still
use CM KSAM.

I knew that MPE/iX still used compatibility mode KSAM.  To verify this, use
NMMGR to create a Network Directory and do a LISTF of NSDIR@ in NET.SYS.
Althought the NSDIR file will have a file type of "NDIR", the NSDIRK file
will have the familiar KSAMK file type.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Mark Ranft
Pro 3K
Apple Valley, MN (612)701-8182
[log in to unmask]  www.Pro3K.com