HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 14:24:14 +0000
Might as well cross-post the to MANMAN and Powerhouse lists too.

Since you're a PH shop best favorite Y2K patch was to put the following in
our Dictionary under the "System Options" section, we're an 8.19C3
PowerHouse shop. Seems to fit our needs, oh and we use MANMAN too:

 Century Included  &
 Input Century 19 from year 50 &
 Date Separator "/"    Date Format     MMDDYY &
 [...]

We commented out the line that had:

;  Century Included      Default Century 19

On Fri, 14 May 1999 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> No real experience with it, but we are planning to do the same on our
> development box by the end of May
> (our application is 95% POWERHOUSE).
>
> If I find some time, I will come back to share the outcomes.
>
> Friedrich
>

> [log in to unmask] on 14/05/99 01:19:08
>
> Bitte antworten an [log in to unmask]
>
> An:   [log in to unmask]
> Kopie:     (Blindkopie: Friedrich Harasleben/EDV/OEKV)
> Thema:    Re: experimenting with the time change!!!!
>

> Yeah we do it all the time on our development box.  (It leaves me in a
> paradox though, with which date to mark the backup tapes, as the date
> hand-written on the label would disagree with the date on the backup
> itself.)  :-)
>
> On Thu, 13 May 1999, Bonnie Roman wrote:
>
> > We're planning on changing the time on our development box and see what
> > happens,
> > then allowing user
> > to test. My boss suggested I ask if  anyone that had already done this
> and
> > what
> > outcomes, good or bad, they had.
> >
> > I appreciate any comments, and suggestions - the boxes is 928RX MPE/iX
> 5.5
> > PP6
> >
> > TIA
> > Bonnie