HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Steve Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 11:41:00 -0500
I have just upgraded to 5.5 pp6 and I remember seeing some traffic about problems w/FTP in pp6.

Here is my screnario:

- we want to move file XYZ.TXT to a network (novell) drive in a job stream
- FTP starts and logs in without a problem
-  do a delete of XYZ.TXT to make sure that file does not already exist, although 95% of the time the file does not exist
- put XYZ.TXT
- exit

This always worked in the past, but since the upgrade, the job chokes on the delete. To use MPE jargon, it's like there used to be a 'CONTINUE' before the delete, but now there is not.

Is this one of the identified bugs in FTP on pp6?

thx
steve hammond