HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
"Schlosser, Robert (Contractor)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Schlosser, Robert (Contractor)
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 15:02:13 -0400
John

        You can accomplish the task of PAUSEing for a file existence by using a
WHILE loop in you JCL. Assume that you are looking for a file called ZETA, and
want to pause until the file exists. The code would be something line this

        WHILE (not(FINFO('ZETA','EXISTS'))) DO
           PAUSE n
            ENDWHILE

        The value you use for n will determine the maximum time you job will
wait after the creation of the file. If you want to check for non-existence,
simply remove the NOT portion of the above WHILE statement (don't forget the
parentheses).

Bob Schlosser
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, FL.