HP3000-L Archives

May 1999, Week 2

From:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 14:14:29 -0400
At 10:36 5/13/99 -0700, Edward Jordan wrote:
>I am looking to implement Mirroring in my environment which forcing me
>to implement private volumes.I am on a 969 box running MPE ix 5.5 pp4. I
>am trying to learn as much as I can about both to plan this
>implementation wisely. Is anyone else mirroring or using private
>volumes?

I am using private volumes, but am not doing mirroring.

There definitely is a learning curve with private volumes, but it's not too
steep.  Be sure to read the Volume Management manual before you get
started.  Also, Jeff Vance of HP's CSY division has developed some very
nice UDCs to manage private volumes, and the accounts and groups that go on
them.  You can get the UDCs either from Jazz or Denkor's web site, but I
have forgotten where I found them.

Tom Brandt                            Northtech Systems, Inc.
+1 734-769-5040                     3588 Plymouth Road, Suite 292
+1 734-769-5498 (FAX)            Ann Arbor, MI 48105